Old 04-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Juan Asensio Sánchez

Default Pre-cached common searches

Hi

Is there any to make the LDAP server cache common searches, or generate a prebuilt result set, updating it everytime an entry of the set is modified? We have a management tool that makes the same search multiple times to get the full list of the users (about 40000), so the CPU use raise everytime the search is made. The search always use the same filter and the same returning attributes, but the data is distributed among different databases and suffixes.

I have read some about VLV indexes, but i am not sure if they fit our requierements. Also, VLV indexes are configured per database, not for the entire suffix, that is what we need.

Any ideas? Regards.