Old 04-01-2010, 06:05 AM
Alan Orlič Belšak

Default NS-SLAPD unusual spikes (process taking to over 95% of cpu time periodically)

Hello,

we're using Fedora 1.2.5 with samba 3.5.1 and in the last time on the
server we're getting unusual activity of ns-slapd process - every few
seconds it goes from sleep to 100% of cpu time and stays there for a few
seconds. I have no idea why, our userroot database is only 30 MB (1500
users, 1000 computers), we're using LDAP just for that. The only thing I
changed in the last time is that I added some informations like address,
office, position etc. Those fields aren't indexed, can this be a problem?

Bye, Alan