Old 03-25-2010, 04:27 PM
Sean Carolan

Default getent passwd works, but not getent group

For some reason my client server is not pulling group information from
the ldap server. "getent passwd" pulls over all the relevant accounts
from the ldap database. "getent group", however, is missing my
personal group. I don't have any entries for my user in /etc/passwd
or /etc/group on the local server.

If you have any idea how to fix this, I'm all ears.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:42 PM
Sean Carolan

> For some reason my client server is not pulling group information from
> the ldap server. *"getent passwd" pulls over all the relevant accounts
> from the ldap database. *"getent group", however, is missing my
> personal group. *I don't have any entries for my user in /etc/passwd
> or /etc/group on the local server.

This is in my /etc/nsswitch.conf:

group: files ldap

Old 03-25-2010, 05:56 PM
Sean Carolan

> This is in my /etc/nsswitch.conf:
>
> group: * * *files ldap

Also, if it's any help, I can see groups that were created with the
GUI using "Add Group", but I can't see my own personal posix group.