Old 03-17-2010, 12:49 PM
Emmanuel BILLOT

Default Alias deref

Hi,

We want to use alias entries like that :

# gri, ird.fr
dn: uid=gri,dc=titi,dc=fr
aliasedObjectName: uid=pfff,ou=people,dc=aga,dc=titi,dc=fr
objectClass: top
objectClass: alias
objectClass: extensibleobject
uid: gri

- uid=pfff,ou=people,dc=aga,dc=titi,dc=fr is valid.
- ldapsearch - a always -x -b "dc=titi,dc=fr" "uid=gri" gives exactly
the entrie result, without dereferencing.
- ldapsearch - a never -x -b "dc=titi,dc=fr" "uid=gri" gives exactly the
entrie result, without dereferencing.

There are some things we don't understand in alias.

How does it work ?

Same things on groups :

# admin, groups, titi.net
dn: cn=admin,ou=groups,dc=titi,dc=net
memberURL: ldap:///dc=titi,dc=net??sub?(uid=x*)
objectClass: top
objectClass: groupofuniquenames
objectClass: groupofurls
cn: admin