Old 10-16-2008, 08:36 AM
"Diaa Radwan"

Default Recovering Directory Server Admin Password

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 10:10 AM, Eric Beda <ebeda@udsm.ac.tz> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've lost my directory server admin password, how do i recover it ?, so
> that i can manage the DS via GUI interface on the machine

If you mean the directory manager password check this link :

http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:ResetDirMgrPassword

If you remember the password of your directory manager password you
can log with directory manager through the console and change the
admin user under o=netscaperoot or you can perform the following :

$ slappasswd -v -c '$1$%.8s' -h {CRYPT}
run the above command and supply your new password, then copy the output

Then issue ldapmodify command:

$ ldapmodify -x -h localhost -D"cn=Directory Manager" -W
dn : uid=admin,ou=administrators,ou=topologymanagement, o=netscaperoot
changetype: modify
replace: userPassword
userPassword: 'paste clipboard'

> Help Please