Old 09-28-2008, 10:28 AM
John Dickinson

Default java.lang.ClassCastException @ exec of standalone fedora-idm-console on osx

(I moved this from the devel list as users seemed more appropriate to
me.)

PGNet said:

If, in the Fedora Management Console GUI I click through to the
Servers & Applications Tab, and select the Server, I get a "Class
Loader Error" dialog,
"Failed to instantiate Server Object for Directory Server (fds):
com.netscape.admin.dirserv.DSAdmin"

I get the same error if I build all the components of the console in
to the same built directory (../built or whatever you changed it to).
Try deleting it between each one.

My notes on building the console on OS X can be found here
http://jadickinson.co.uk/test/howto/fedora-ds-console-on-os-x/

John