Old 09-19-2008, 09:45 AM
Andreas Kekkou

Default fds 1.1 Performance tuning

Hi all,

I have recently upgraded one my fds servers from 1.0.4 to 1.1. The new
server has been fine tuned using the performance
tuning guide. At the bottom of the page is mentioning how to change
the number of maximum descriptors from 1024 to 8192. There is a note
there that this is only valid for 1.0.4 installations and when I tried
to change this on 1.1 the server refused to start. The problem is that
fds 1.1 stops unexpectedly at irregular intervals with nothing on the
logs that can help resolve the problem. I remember a similar problem on
my 1.0.4 installation was solved by changing nss-descriptors from 1024
to 8192. Is there any way to increase this number on 1.1?

Andreas

Old 09-19-2008, 01:52 PM
Rich Megginson

<http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Performance_Tuning>. At the
bottom of the page is mentioning how to change the number of maximum
descriptors from 1024 to 8192. There is a note there that this is only
valid for 1.0.4 installations and when I tried to change this on 1.1
the server refused to start. The problem is that fds 1.1 stops
unexpectedly at irregular intervals with nothing on the logs that can
help resolve the problem. I remember a similar problem on my 1.0.4
installation was solved by changing nss-descriptors from 1024 to 8192.
Is there any way to increase this number on 1.1?
Should work the same way - where does it say that it is only valid for
1.0.4? What errors do you get in the error log?

Andreas

Old 09-22-2008, 09:57 AM
Andreas Kekkou

Hi Rich,

My mistake. For some reason I thought that the ulimit -n 8192 has to be
changed only on v1.04.

Regards,

Andreas

Rich Megginson wrote: