Old 09-17-2008, 06:49 PM
"Kwan Lowe"

Default Group based access control

Hello All:
** I am in the process of migrating from OpenLDAP to Fedora Directory Server. Actually most of my testing has been with the RH/CentOS spins, but it appears to be very similar.

* So far I've gotten the main things working:
1) Host based access via AuthorizedHost
2) Service based access via AuthorizedService
3) AIX/Linux <-> LDAP
4) PosixGroup support
*
*
The one thing I would like is to have group based host access control.
E.g., I would like to define a new LDAP group (say, DBA-Production)
that includes a bunch of host entries. When needed, I could add a user
to the DBA-Production group and automatically give him/her access to
the list of defined hosts. Anyone have suggestions on how to approach
this?

Thanks,
Kwan

Old 09-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Rich Megginson

Kwan Lowe wrote:

Hello All:
I am in the process of migrating from OpenLDAP to Fedora Directory
Server. Actually most of my testing has been with the RH/CentOS spins,
but it appears to be very similar.

So far I've gotten the main things working:
1) Host based access via AuthorizedHost
2) Service based access via AuthorizedService
3) AIX/Linux <-> LDAP
4) PosixGroup support

The one thing I would like is to have group based host access
control. E.g., I would like to define a new LDAP group (say,
DBA-Production) that includes a bunch of host entries. When needed, I
could add a user to the DBA-Production group and automatically give
him/her access to the list of defined hosts. Anyone have suggestions
on how to approach this?

see http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:Netgroups

Thanks,
Kwan

Old 09-18-2008, 12:16 AM
"Kwan Lowe"

* *The one thing I would like is to have group based host access control. E.g., I would like to define a new LDAP group (say, DBA-Production) that includes a bunch of host entries. When needed, I could add a user to the DBA-Production group and automatically give him/her access to the list of defined hosts. Anyone have suggestions on how to approach this?

see http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:Netgroups

Wow.* Thank you.* It seems it will do exactly what I'm looking for...