Old 09-17-2008, 04:55 PM
Rich Megginson

Default Upgrade MMR from 1.0.4 to 1.1.0

Reinhard Nappert wrote:

Hi all,

I have an MMR setup, working fine with 1.0.4. When I upgrade (migrate)
both servers to 1.1.0, the replica entry and the agreement object
within dse.ldif still look fine, but I get the following messages in
errors:

[17/Sep/2008:11:45:11 -0400] NSMMReplicationPlugin -
agmt="cn=srv12srv2" (srv2:389): Incremental update failed and requires
administrator action

[17/Sep/2008:11:46:05 -0400] NSMMReplicationPlugin - conn=96 op=3
replica="o=UMC

": Unable to acquire replica: error: duplicate replica ID detected
On both servers.
Again, the ReplicaId are different on both boxes:
nsDS5ReplicaId: 1

nsDS5ReplicaId: 2

To make matters worse, just disabling replication on both boxes and
enabling it afterwards does not fix the issue.

It looks like that only exporting the db, getting rid of the directory
instances on both boxes, setup the instance from scratch and importing
the data and setting up replication agreement makes it work again.

Did anybody encounter this issue? If so, is there a possibility to fix
it without reloading the data from scratch.

How did you upgrade/migrate? Did you use the migrate-ds-admin.pl
script? If not, you are definitely going to need to reset the password
in the replication agreement on the supplier side.

*http://tinyurl.com/35qddb*

Thanks,
-Reinhard

Old 09-17-2008, 04:59 PM
"Reinhard Nappert"

I use migrate-ds.pl, since I do not care about the admin-console. It is
weird, that it comes up with the duplicate Replica ID.

Do you think, I still have to password?

-Reinhard

Old 09-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Rich Megginson

Reinhard Nappert wrote:

I use migrate-ds.pl, since I do not care about the admin-console. It is
weird, that it comes up with the duplicate Replica ID.

Do you think, I still have to password?

No, that doesn't appear to be the problem.

Did you try an offline replica init?
-Reinhard

Old 09-17-2008, 05:21 PM
"Reinhard Nappert"