Old 09-15-2008, 09:46 PM
Orion Poplawski

Default Error creating certificate request

I'm running fedora-idm-console on my F-9 box connecting to an FDS
install of the latest FDS (compiled from Fedora rawhide sources) on a
CentOS 5.2 machine. I'm trying to create a certificate request.

The DN: CN="ldap.cora.nwra.com", OU="CoRA", O="NWRA", L="Boulder",
ST="Colorado", C="US"

After entering the private key password (step 3 of 4) I get an error:

Unable to convert DN to certificate name.

Ideas?

--
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager 303-415-9701 x222

Old 09-15-2008, 10:22 PM
Orion Poplawski

Orion Poplawski wrote:
I'm running fedora-idm-console on my F-9 box connecting to an FDS
install of the latest FDS (compiled from Fedora rawhide sources) on a
CentOS 5.2 machine. I'm trying to create a certificate request.

The DN: CN="ldap.cora.nwra.com", OU="CoRA", O="NWRA", L="Boulder",
ST="Colorado", C="US"

After entering the private key password (step 3 of 4) I get an error:

Unable to convert DN to certificate name.

Ideas?

Also fails if I run fedora-idm-console on the EL box.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:59 PM
Orion Poplawski

Orion Poplawski wrote:

Orion Poplawski wrote:
I'm running fedora-idm-console on my F-9 box connecting to an FDS
install of the latest FDS (compiled from Fedora rawhide sources) on a
CentOS 5.2 machine. I'm trying to create a certificate request.

The DN: CN="ldap.cora.nwra.com", OU="CoRA", O="NWRA", L="Boulder",
ST="Colorado", C="US"

After entering the private key password (step 3 of 4) I get an error:

Unable to convert DN to certificate name.

Ideas?

Also fails if I run fedora-idm-console on the EL box.

I manually removed all of the "'s from the DN and that appears to have
worked.