Old 09-10-2008, 03:18 PM
"Ryan Braun [ADS]"

Default fds 1.1+ not setting nsslapd-instancedir on install?

Hey guys. I have some perl replication scripts (fdstool) that I developed on
fds 1.0.4. On my first attempt to use them on a 1.1+ (in this particular
case 1.1.2), the changelog object creation bails because the
nsslapd-instancedir attribute in cn=config isn't set.

##############################
# find the instance-dir
##############################
$msg = $ldap->search (
base => "cn=config",
scope => "base",
filter => "(objectClass=*)",
);
my $instance_dir = $msg->entry(0)->get_value("nsslapd-instancedir");

ends up as null as there isn't anything at said attribute.

Also,

shodan:/home/ryan/fdstools# ldapsearch -x -h yzxXXXX0 -D "cn=Directory
Manager" -W -b "cn=config" "objectclass=*"|grep instancedir
Enter LDAP Password:
nsslapd-instancedir:
shodan:/home/ryan/fdstools# ldapsearch -x -h yzxXXXX0 -D "cn=Directory
Manager" -W -b "cn=config" "objectclass=*"|grep nsslapd-ldifdir
Enter LDAP Password:
nsslapd-ldifdir: /var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-yzxdmns0/ldif

For now I'm useing nsslapd-ldifdir and just ~ s//ldif// to cut off the ldir
directory, but am just confirming this behavior is intended. FWIW I built
the packages myself, so it could very well be my own fault :P

Ryan

Old 09-10-2008, 04:57 PM
Rich Megginson

Ryan Braun [ADS] wrote:
[...]

Well, it depends - what were you using nsslapd-instancedir for? There
are several other attributes you could use now, depending on what you're
trying to do.

Ryan

Old 09-10-2008, 05:18 PM
"Ryan Braun [ADS]"

On Wednesday 10 September 2008 16:57, Rich Megginson wrote:
> > shodan:/home/ryan/fdstools# ldapsearch -x -h yzxXXXX0 -D "cn=Directory
> > Manager" -W -b "cn=config" "objectclass=*"|grep instancedir
> > Enter LDAP Password:
> > nsslapd-instancedir:
> > shodan:/home/ryan/fdstools# ldapsearch -x -h yzxXXXX0 -D "cn=Directory
> > Manager" -W -b "cn=config" "objectclass=*"|grep nsslapd-ldifdir
> > Enter LDAP Password:
> > nsslapd-ldifdir: /var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-yzxdmns0/ldif
> >

> > For now I'm useing nsslapd-ldifdir and just ~ s//ldif// to cut off the
> > ldir directory, but am just confirming this behavior is intended. FWIW
> > I built the packages myself, so it could very well be my own fault :P
>
> Well, it depends - what were you using nsslapd-instancedir for? There
> are several other attributes you could use now, depending on what you're
> trying to do.

I was using nsslapd-instancedir to as the ref point on where to put the
changelog db files. Which by default in the console (1.1+)
is /var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-INSTANCE/changelog.

But I couldn't find any attributes that would just point
to /var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-INSTANCE/. Which was what I assumed
nsslapd-instancedir was for.

I guess when I was working on the script for 1.0.4 it just happened to be set
to the correct location so I used that value.

Ryan