Old 08-14-2008, 04:19 AM
"Russell Miller"

Default Problem with referrals

I am working on a fairly simple DS system - one master and about 12 replication slaves.* I didn't go multimaster because we don't have enough servers to justify that... but anyway.

We've had a consistent problem for years with password changing - which I'm trying to fix.* It used to be that changing passwords simply didn't work.* I rebuilt the whole infrastructure to refer back to the replication master and added pam_password exop to the ldap.conf files.* Now changing passwords works... sort of.* When changing a password, it prompts for the password and the new password, and dutifully changes it on the server, gets the referral back, tries to follow it - and the server says "invalid credentials" and refuses to do the change.* So I end up with our servers out of sync - the new password on the slave server and the old server still thinking it has the old password.* Obviously that's not acceptable.

I tried exop_send_old, it doesn't do any better.* I'm running the latest version of nss_ldap.* Anyone have any suggestions as to why the slave servers are allowing the credentials but the master isn't?

Thanks,

--Russell