Old 11-20-2007, 09:38 AM
James Deuchar

Default [Fedora-directory-users] Restoring Replicating Masters

Hi,

We have two DS'* with master-master replicating databases - for backup we're taking a nightly database backup on each server (DB not LDIF).

I've had trouble with changelogs in the past during devlopment phases
when we occasionally separated the pair of masters which has made me
nervous about how trouble-free a restore might be...

Before we jump in & test the process - is there a documented procedure for restoring replicated databases & do I have to worry about the changelog when restoring?

Many thanks for any/all advice!

James

Get free emoticon packs and customisation from Windows Live. Pimp My Live!