Old 08-04-2008, 02:22 PM
Rich Megginson

Default forcing reload?

Graham Seaman wrote:

solarflow99 wrote:
what platform are you running on? a service restart should have
dirsrv take the new schema, do the logs show anything wrong?

uname -a says:

Linux enterprise1.lse.ac.uk 2.6.18-53.1.14.el5 #1 SMP Tue Feb 19
07:18:21 EST 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

ns-slapd -version says:

Fedora-Directory/1.1.0 B2007.354.1236

There are no errors reported in access or errors when I restart; the
only error I'm getting is when I try to create an entry using the new
schema I'm trying to load, which gives me:

[04/Aug/2008:10:12:25 +0100] conn=1 op=5 RESULT err=65 tag=105
nentries=0 etime=0
[04/Aug/2008:11:02:12 +0100] - Entry "cn=test,ou=flame
users,dc=lse,dc=ac,dc=uk" has unknown object class "eduPerson"

eduPerson is a standard schema which works fine. It is the schema I
accidentally missed out when I started and am trying to add.

I have the same problem with Fedora-ds on another system running
CentOS: I can add a new schema only by deleting the directory and
populating it from scratch.
Deleting which directory? To which directory are you adding the schema
files?

I am new to Ldap, so am not sure what is expected behaviour and what
isn't.

Graham

On 8/4/08, *Graham Seaman* <G.Seaman@lse.ac.uk