Old 07-29-2008, 08:42 AM
Peter Sørensen

Default Sync AD users

Hi,

I now have the fedora dirserver up and running on a RHES5 server.

What i want to acomplish, is a way to have users replicated from Our
AD servers. I need this because I want to add attributes concerning
mail spam/virus management but still have the basic user attributes
from the AD.

I don't know anything about the AD and would like to keep it that way
but I need som guidance on what to tell the people maintaining the AD
on what to do.

I don't need the password sync but only want a few user attributes like
mail,proxyaddresses, cn, dn ... replicated.

This should be a one way replication AD => FDS

I have read the document concerning this but I'm still confused on what I
need to do in the AD enviroment to get this up and running.

Any other docs to read?

Regards

Peter Sorensen/University of Southern Denmark/mail: maspsr@sdu.dk

Old 07-30-2008, 06:13 AM
"Kenneth Holter"

Hi Peter.
*
*
We're*also trying to set up one-way sync from AD to FDS: http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-directory-users/2008-May/msg00117.html

*
I haven't been working on this for a while, but as far as I can remember this is not a supported feature*in FDS.*One thus needs to find a workaround. When we get the time to figure this thing out I'll report back to the list. Please let us know if you find a solution.

*
Regards,
Kenneth Holter
*