Old 07-28-2008, 10:30 AM
Wolf Siedler

Default Can't start Fedora DS server or connect to Admin Console

Carol:

It is my experience that the admin console will not start if the
underlaying directory server isn't running.

How do you normally start Fedora-DS? Do you use one of the init script
suggestion from the website?
I was using version 1.04 (now upgraded) on RHEL5.2 so probably can't
provide much help on other distributions.

Regards,
Wolf

Old 07-28-2008, 10:42 AM
Wolf Siedler

PS:

I trust that you tried this command already:
/opt/fedora-ds/slapd-servername/start-slapd

If typing in a terminal window, there might some helpful output.

But, the /fedora-ds/admin-serv/log/ states

As said before, it is my experience that - in case the underlaying
directory server is not running - that should better be rectified first
before taking care of any errors from the admin server.

Good luck!

Wolf