Old 07-11-2008, 06:12 PM
John Oliver

Default Accessing Management Console

fedora-idm-console asks me for User ID and Password (which I should
have), but wants an "Administration URL" as well. So far, nothing is
working. I've tried http://localhost/ http://localhost:9830 and my FQDN
as well as FQDN:9830 None work. What does it want? I've tried against
two servers that I can access 9830 via a web browser. It always says:

Cannot connect to the Admin Server "http:/"
The URL is not correct or the server is not running

It says it just like that... "http:/" Almost like it cannot read past
six characters.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:16 AM
solarflow99

fedora-idm-console asks me for User ID and Password (which I should
have), but wants an "Administration URL" as well.**So far, nothing is

working.**I've tried http://localhost/ http://localhost:9830 and my FQDN
as well as FQDN:9830**None work.**What does it want?**I've tried against

two servers that I can access 9830 via a web browser.**It always says:

Cannot connect to the Admin Server "http:/"
The URL is not correct or the server is not running

It says it just like that... "http:/"**Almost like it cannot read past

six characters.
*
it works for me, what system and what command are you running?* Also what java?
*
*

Old 07-15-2008, 07:57 AM
ken oh

Before starting the fedora-idm-console, did you run the directory server and admin server ?

*

If not, just enter this commands :

*

service dirsrv start
service dirsrv-admin start

fedora-idm-console asks me for User ID and Password (which I should
have), but wants an "Administration URL" as well. So far, nothing is
working. I've tried http://localhost/ http://localhost:9830 and my FQDN
as well as FQDN:9830 None work. What does it want? I've tried against
two servers that I can access 9830 via a web browser. It always says:

Cannot connect to the Admin Server "http:/"
The URL is not correct or the server is not running

It says it just like that... "http:/" Almost like it cannot read
past
six characters.

Envoyé avec Yahoo! Mail.
Une boite mail plus intelligente. --
Fedora-directory-users mailing list
Fedora-directory-users@redhat.com

Old 07-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Rich Megginson

John Oliver wrote:

fedora-idm-console asks me for User ID and Password (which I should
have), but wants an "Administration URL" as well. So far, nothing is
working. I've tried http://localhost/ http://localhost:9830 and my FQDN
as well as FQDN:9830 None work. What does it want? I've tried against
two servers that I can access 9830 via a web browser. It always says:

Cannot connect to the Admin Server "http:/"
The URL is not correct or the server is not running

It says it just like that... "http:/" Almost like it cannot read past
six characters.

This is usually caused by using the wrong version of java. What
platform are you on? Note that if you are not using Fedora 8 or later,
you will have to install a proprietary java and configure it - see
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Install_Guide#Java_is_required_for_the_console