Old 07-08-2008, 01:44 PM

Default Samba/FDS Integration upgrade steps?

I am planning an upgrade on a supported RHES4 server from Samba
3.0.10-1.4E to 3.0.25b or the latest in the RHN update stream. I currently have
Samba authentication integrated with AD through FDS 1.0.1-4, only because FDS 1.1
doesn’t run on RHES4. I have single sign-on but not integrated password
changes for Windows XP Domain users.

*

Every Samba+FDS user currently has objectClass attribute sambasamaccount,
and attributes sambaSID, sambaAcctFlags, sAMAccountName, sambaLMPassword and
sambaNTPassword.

*

According to Red Hat support (who cannot help me much because
they only support OpenLDAP), there is a “schema change” and a
script to convert the schema, however they did not know where the script was or
its name. I also noticed during an attempt to upgrade that the SambaSID has
changed format in 3.0.25b so I suppose I have to change that attribute value
for every user.

*

Can someone name the conversion script and lay out the steps
that it will take to get me from *3.0.10-1.4E to 3.0.25b/later while
maintaining AD integration? If it involves upgrading to FDS1.1, I can handle
that, but I’d rather do one thing at a time. If there are any side
benefits (like single password change) I’d also like to know.

*

Thanks,

Ken.

*

Old 07-08-2008, 03:31 PM
solarflow99

[...]

Here's what I did to include samba support in FDS 1.1, might work with 1.0 too.* The script where you add the schema is near the beginning, not all of the howto may be relevent for your purpose.
*
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:Samba
*
*