Old 07-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Rich Megginson

Default howto create the sync manager ?

ken oh wrote:

I've read the 8.3 chapter from the red hat guide

I've tried to create the sync manager by adding the following lines in
the dse.ldif :

dn: cn=sync manager,cn=config
objectClass: inetorgperson
objectClass: person
objectClass: top
cn: sync manager
sn: RM
userPassword: password
passwordExpirationTime: 20380119031407Z

And when I restart the directory server I've got this error message :

Entry "cn=sync manager,cn=config " has unknown object class
"inetorgperson " (remove the trailing space)

LDIF is very, very strict about trailing spaces in values. This message
means that there is extra whitespace after inetorgperson. Note that the
message says "inetorgperson " <- there is the space before the quote

[12/Jun/2008:20:47:33 +0200] - Entry "cn=sync manager,cn=config " has
unknown object class "person " (remove the trailing space)
[12/Jun/2008:20:47:33 +0200] - Entry "cn=sync manager,cn=config " has
unknown object class "top " (remove the trailing space)

So I would like to know what I'm doing wrong and what should I do to
create the sync manager, please.

thanks

Old 07-03-2008, 09:02 AM
ken oh

thanks

I have another question :
Should I do something to give this user read and write permissions to every entry in the
synchronized subtree and write access to password
attributes ?
Or did the sync manager have allready all this permissions after I add him in the ldif file, please ?

Envoyé avec Yahoo! Mail.
Une boite mail plus intelligente. --
Fedora-directory-users mailing list
Fedora-directory-users@redhat.com