Old 07-02-2008, 02:52 AM
Del

Default altServer

Hi,

Is there any plan to support the altServer attribute in the root DSE of
a Fedora Directory Server?

By that I mean that the server should advertise its list of replicas
(currently buried under cn=replica,cn="BASEDN",cn=mapping tree,cn=config
for each base DN) in the root DSE using the altServer attribute? This
would make it easier to build resilient clients that automatically knew
where to reconnect to if the primary server went down.

--
Del
Babel Com Australia

Old 07-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Rich Megginson

Del wrote:

Hi,

Is there any plan to support the altServer attribute in the root DSE
of a Fedora Directory Server?
No plans currently. Please file a bug/enhancement request at
bugzilla.redhat.com