Old 06-26-2008, 12:50 AM
Rich Megginson

Default Fedora-DS alias dereference problem.

Sergey Kamshilin wrote:

Hi all,

I'd like to report it as a bug because I could not find any help on
forums neither in other sources...

It appears that Fedora-DS 1.1.0-3 does not dereference aliases even if
it asked for. So I have a simple example:

============
# ldapsearch -x -LLL -b "ou=Special Users,dc=lab,dc=convedia,dc=com" -a
always

dn: ou=Special Users,dc=lab, dc=convedia, dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: Special Users

dn: aliasedobjectname=ou=DNS,dc=lab,dc=convedia,dc=com ,ou=Special
Users ,dc=lab,dc=convedia,dc=com
aliasedObjectName: ou=DNS,dc=lab,dc=convedia,dc=com
objectClass: alias
objectClass: top
===============

Instead of "dn: aliasedobjectname=..." I would expect to see a DNS
subtree (DNS object).
Couple lines may be wrapped but the idea is that parameter "-a always"
is ignored. Is it a known issue?

Yes, Fedora DS does not support aliases.
Is there any workarounds?

You could use a smart referral if the client could resolve this.

I have installed:
fedora-ds-1.1.0-3.fc6
fedora-ds-admin-1.1.2-2.fc6
fedora-ds-console-1.1.1-2.fc6