Old 06-24-2008, 03:34 PM
Rich Megginson

Default pk12util error

ken oh wrote:

I'm trying to get Windows Sync working on FDS 1.1. I am stuck at the
step where you export the directory server's certificate to a file. I
use this command in /etc/dirsrv/slapd-test2:

pk12util -d . -P slapd-test2- -o cacert.p12 -n Server-Cert

You don't need to use the prefix (-P) argument any more with Fedora DS
1.1 - each key/cert db is in its own private directory. In addition,
using -o cacert.p12 implies that the file contains a CA certificate/key
pair - you probably want to name the file dscert.p12 to avoid any
ambiguity. So

pk12util -d . -o dscert.p12 -n Server-Cert

And I got this error :

pk12util-bin: find user certs from nickname failed: security library: bad
database.

I have used the FDS 1.1 script from here :
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:SSL for setting up
SSL in the directory server.

Everything looks ok.

When I use this command : certutil -L -d .

I got this :

Certificate Nickname Trust Attributes

SSL,S/MIME,JAR/XPI

CA certificate CTu,u,u
server-cert u,u,u
Server-Cert u,u,u

What can I do to get the pk12util working ? Or is there another way to
export the files ?

Thanks