Old 06-22-2008, 02:09 AM
"Sanga M. Collins"

Default directory tree strategy

Title: directory tree strategy

i am planning to move from novell edirectory to fedora ds. i have some questions about deployment strategies.

i would like to have 2 Directory server at a data center doing multi master replication. i would also like to have a directory at all our remote locations (30 sites) that will replicate back to the 2 master servers.

if each site has its own root suffix eg dc=site1, dc=site2, dc=site3, and the masters have their own root suffix eg dc=master1, dc=master2, do i create additional root suffix on the masters with its own database that corresponds with the root suffix of each remote site?

any suggestions are welcome. my deployment strategy is not set in stone, and info from anyone who has done something similar will be very useful