Old 06-17-2008, 06:17 AM
Zahra Bahar

Default password security

Hi,
I have freeradius server using ldap DS for aaa. my radius supports vpn users and uses PAP.
what is the best way for secure user_passwords in connection between ldap server to user?

Old 06-17-2008, 06:37 AM
"Morris, Patrick"

> I have freeradius server using ldap DS for aaa. my radius supports vpn
> users and uses PAP.
> what is the best way for secure user_passwords in connection between
> ldap server to user?

If you're authenticating against a RADIUS server, clients won't be talking to LDAP directly at all. Any connection security (I'm assuming you're talking about something like encryption here) would need to be done with your RADIUS server, and LDAP server<->client password security is a non-issue.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:15 AM
"mallapadi niranjan"