Old 06-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Rich Megginson

Default Remote console fails for access to Fedora-DS 1.1

Wolf Siedler wrote:

Thanks, Rich,

So here we go:

There is a problem with the windows console .bat file - it does not
find the correct version of java. To fix, simply edit the batch file
- look for where it sets JAVA (it is commented out - rem means
comment in batch file language) - uncomment this and set it to the
correct path and file name of your java.exe.

Found it and did so (before both tests).

> Windows 2000 and Sun-JRE 1.6.0_06:
> Same problem as before; when clicking on "Directory Server" in the
console there is an error message about a missing fedora-ds-1.0.jar.
> Furthermore, when clicking on "Administration Server", even that
one doesn't open anymore. Instead there is a similar popup windows
complaining about a missing fedora-ds-1.1.jar.

It is supposed to download the correct jar file from the server.

Ah - I wasn't aware of this procedure. Your hint gives me some more
ideas. I try that tomorrow (very late here).
Ok. If you run the console with -D (on windows you will have to edit
the batch file to do this) you should see it attempt to download the jar
files from the admin server via http

I'm not sure where it is stored on Windows, but there will be a
directory/folder called .fedora-idm-console in your HOME
directory/folder (wherever that is) - remove that directory/folder
and try again.

I realeased that already and did so. Several times today and both on
Windows and Fedora.

Unfortunately, no change in the outcome... :-(

Regards,
Wolf