Old 06-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Wolf Siedler

Default Remote console fails for access to Fedora-DS 1.1

Thanks, Rich,

So here we go:

There is a problem with the windows console .bat file - it does not
find the correct version of java. To fix, simply edit the batch file
- look for where it sets JAVA (it is commented out - rem means
comment in batch file language) - uncomment this and set it to the
correct path and file name of your java.exe.

Found it and did so (before both tests).

> Windows 2000 and Sun-JRE 1.6.0_06:
> Same problem as before; when clicking on "Directory Server" in the
console there is an error message about a missing fedora-ds-1.0.jar.
> Furthermore, when clicking on "Administration Server", even that
one doesn't open anymore. Instead there is a similar popup windows
complaining about a missing fedora-ds-1.1.jar.

It is supposed to download the correct jar file from the server.

Ah - I wasn't aware of this procedure. Your hint gives me some more
ideas. I try that tomorrow (very late here).

I'm not sure where it is stored on Windows, but there will be a
directory/folder called .fedora-idm-console in your HOME
directory/folder (wherever that is) - remove that directory/folder
and try again.

I realeased that already and did so. Several times today and both on
Windows and Fedora.

Unfortunately, no change in the outcome... :-(

Regards,
Wolf