Old 06-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Jesse Keating

Default On-the-side repos (Was: Let's make a plan for python3.0 in Fedora 10+)

On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 12:18 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> Is there any possibility of being able to do this on a more regular
> basis for other destabilizing updates? There was an IRC discussion
> recently calling for something more experimental than rawhide, which I
> don't really think would be productive, but it still might be nice to
> have a relatively easy way to handle the situation where a maintainer
> knows they're going to do something destabilizing.

Sounds like a job for Kopers.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating/KojiPersonalRepos

Now all it needs is somebody with enough time to code it up.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!

Old 06-03-2008, 11:02 AM
"Yaakov Nemoy"

2008/6/2 Jesse Keating <jkeating@redhat.com>:
> On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 12:18 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
>>
>> Is there any possibility of being able to do this on a more regular
>> basis for other destabilizing updates? There was an IRC discussion
>> recently calling for something more experimental than rawhide, which I
>> don't really think would be productive, but it still might be nice to
>> have a relatively easy way to handle the situation where a maintainer
>> knows they're going to do something destabilizing.
>
> Sounds like a job for Kopers.
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating/KojiPersonalRepos
>
> Now all it needs is somebody with enough time to code it up.

This looks like a job for an intern. Oh wait....

Well, mike asked me to look at koji anyways. Let me give it a shot.

-Yaakov

Old 06-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Jesse Keating

On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 13:02 +0200, Yaakov Nemoy wrote:
> > Sounds like a job for Kopers.
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating/KojiPersonalRepos
> >
> > Now all it needs is somebody with enough time to code it up.
>
> This looks like a job for an intern. Oh wait....
>
> Well, mike asked me to look at koji anyways. Let me give it a shot.

Awesome! I was going to have Casey look at it eventually to as spot and
I get to share his intern powers. But if you have time before he does,
by all means have at it. I have plenty of other tasks for Casey to look
into.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!

Old 06-03-2008, 01:33 PM
"Yaakov Nemoy"

2008/6/3 Jesse Keating <jkeating@redhat.com>:
> On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 13:02 +0200, Yaakov Nemoy wrote:
>> > Sounds like a job for Kopers.
>> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating/KojiPersonalRepos
>> >
>> > Now all it needs is somebody with enough time to code it up.
>>
>> This looks like a job for an intern. Oh wait....
>>
>> Well, mike asked me to look at koji anyways. Let me give it a shot.
>
> Awesome! I was going to have Casey look at it eventually to as spot and
> I get to share his intern powers. But if you have time before he does,
> by all means have at it. I have plenty of other tasks for Casey to look
> into.

I've actually hit one speedbump though. postgresql is being a pain to
setup. But I'm trying to get a local setup of koji setup, and a
friend has offered to donate some hardware for a while.

-Yaakov