Old 05-31-2008, 09:30 PM
Brian Pepple

Default FESCo election delay

Hi all,

At Thursday's FESCo meeting, it was decided to delay the upcoming FESCo
election since we are working on defining what FESCo's
role/responsibility will be in the future. Until this is finished, we
felt that it didn't make sense to run the election since candidates
expectations of FESCo's role might be different than what it evolves
into. We're hoping this will be resolved fairly soon, and we'll send
out an announcement on the decision and when the new election will be
held. If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

Later,
/B

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BrianPepple
BD5E 6F9E 8688 E668 8F5B CBDE 326A E936 810C C15E

Old 06-03-2008, 05:07 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Sat, 2008-05-31 at 17:30 -0400, Brian Pepple wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> At Thursday's FESCo meeting, it was decided to delay the upcoming FESCo
> election since we are working on defining what FESCo's
> role/responsibility will be in the future. Until this is finished, we
> felt that it didn't make sense to run the election since candidates
> expectations of FESCo's role might be different than what it evolves
> into. We're hoping this will be resolved fairly soon, and we'll send
> out an announcement on the decision and when the new election will be
> held. If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

This would be an opportune time also to solicit community input on this
issue. I'd expect it would be more important to hear from people who
are materially affected by FESCo, i.e. people who are doing development
or packaging work in Fedora.