Old 05-28-2008, 02:38 PM
"Shawn Starr"

Default PATH for sudo users

--
>Gustavo Junior Alves

Hi Gustavo, You might want to search for the following thread for the discussion: "Adding /sbin and /usr/sbin to everyone's path in F10"

Thanks,
Shawn.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Pádraig Brady

Gustavo Alves wrote:
> The file /etc/profile only allow /sbin and /usr/sbin paths to uid 0
> user. Unfortunately, other users needs this path, as sys group (refered
> on sudoers, for example). To avoid the inclusion of the path on each
> user, I like to implement some sort of autoconfiguration. As first try,
> I'm allowing the /sbin path to euid 0 and group_id sys and adm. There is
> another way to do this? Fedora should do it?
>
> Thanks for any advises.

I think all users are getting the /sbin/ paths in F10
which should make this a moot point?

Interestingly on ubuntu user paths are not propagated
by sudo for security reasons (sudo is built --with-secure-path)
I work around this by defining the following alias:
alias sudo='sudo env PATH=$PATH'

Pádraig.

Old 05-28-2008, 04:06 PM
Robert Marcano

On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 11:16 -0300, Gustavo Alves wrote:
> The file /etc/profile only allow /sbin and /usr/sbin paths to uid 0
> user. Unfortunately, other users needs this path, as sys group
> (refered on sudoers, for example). To avoid the inclusion of the path
> on each user, I like to implement some sort of autoconfiguration. As
> first try, I'm allowing the /sbin path to euid 0 and group_id sys and
> adm. There is another way to do this? Fedora should do it?
>
> Thanks for any advises.

add a new script to /etc/profile.d/

> --
> Gustavo Junior Alves
> GJAlves Tecnologia
> Tel: +55 19 9223-0500

Robert Marcano

web: http://www.marcanoonline.com/
gpg --keyserver hkp://pgp.mit.edu/ --recv-key 72A0DCFD