Old 05-28-2008, 02:28 PM
Brian Pepple

Default Plan for tomorrows (20080529) FESCO meeting

Hi all,

Please find below the list of topics that are likely to come up in the
next FESCo meeting that is scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday at 17:00 UTC
in #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.org:

/topic FESCo meeting --
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Schedule/SponsorResponsibilityPolicy -- bpepple

topic FESCO-Meeting -- FESCo Responsibilities/Role -- all

/topic FESCo meeting -- Free discussion around Fedora

You want something to be discussed? Send a note to the list in reply to
this mail and I'll add it to the schedule. You can also propose topics
in the meeting while it is in the "Free discussion around Fedora" phase.

If your name/nick is on above list please update the status on the
Extras schedule pages in the wiki ahead of the meeting. That way all the
other FESCo members and interested contributors know what up ahead of
the meeting. And we will avoid long delays in the meeting -- those often
arise if someone describes the recent happenings on a topic directly in
the meeting while all the others have to wait for his slow typing...

Later,
/B

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BrianPepple
BD5E 6F9E 8688 E668 8F5B CBDE 326A E936 810C C15E

Old 05-28-2008, 05:32 PM
Josh Boyer

On Wed, 28 May 2008 10:28:00 -0400
Brian Pepple <bpepple@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please find below the list of topics that are likely to come up in the
> next FESCo meeting that is scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday at 17:00 UTC
> in #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.org:
>
> /topic FESCo meeting --
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Schedule/SponsorResponsibilityPolicy -- bpepple
>
> topic FESCO-Meeting -- FESCo Responsibilities/Role -- all

Do we really want to go over that now, with the election so close? I
would think this would be a good topic for the newly elected FESCo to
tackle as their first item.

josh

Old 05-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Jeremy Katz

Josh Boyer wrote:

Please find below the list of topics that are likely to come up in the
next FESCo meeting that is scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday at 17:00 UTC
in #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.org:

/topic FESCo meeting --
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Schedule/SponsorResponsibilityPolicy -- bpepple

topic FESCO-Meeting -- FESCo Responsibilities/Role -- all

Do we really want to go over that now, with the election so close? I
would think this would be a good topic for the newly elected FESCo to
tackle as their first item.

I think that we *have* to tackle it now. How can we expect people to
vote in an educated fashion if we don't know what we're voting for the
people to do?

Jeremy

Old 05-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Josh Boyer

On Wed, 28 May 2008 14:02:00 -0400
Jeremy Katz <katzj@redhat.com> wrote:

> Josh Boyer wrote:
> > On Wed, 28 May 2008 10:28:00 -0400 Brian Pepple <bpepple@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> >> Please find below the list of topics that are likely to come up in the
> >> next FESCo meeting that is scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday at 17:00 UTC
> >> in #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.org:
> >>
> >> /topic FESCo meeting --
> >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Schedule/SponsorResponsibilityPolicy -- bpepple
> >>
> >> topic FESCO-Meeting -- FESCo Responsibilities/Role -- all
> >
> > Do we really want to go over that now, with the election so close? I
> > would think this would be a good topic for the newly elected FESCo to
> > tackle as their first item.
>
> I think that we *have* to tackle it now. How can we expect people to
> vote in an educated fashion if we don't know what we're voting for the
> people to do?

That's fine. Just as long as everyone keeps in mind that what we
decide today can change immediately with the new FESCo.

josh

Old 05-29-2008, 03:07 PM
John Poelstra

[...]

Proposed topic: Finalize Fedora 10 Feature process

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-announce/2008-May/msg00014.html

So far NO feedback has been received here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/F10PolicyReview

John

Old 05-29-2008, 03:21 PM
Brian Pepple

On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 08:07 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
> Proposed topic: Finalize Fedora 10 Feature process
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-announce/2008-May/msg00014.html
>
> So far NO feedback has been received here:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/F10PolicyReview

We'll probably be discussing this partially when we discuss FESCo's
role/responsibility during today's meeting.