Old 05-27-2008, 10:34 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

Default Firefox 3 dreadfully slow on new fedora wiki?!

Martin Sourada wrote:

Hi,

I don't know what's causing it but it seems firefox 3 (and epiphany
built against gecko) is almost unable to load new fedora wiki. I thought
it might be some connections problems somewhere on the line, but then I
got an idea to try Midori with WebKit backend. What was my surprise when
the browser started and loaded the wiki page in nearly no time, while
Firefox is still trying. I can do that multiple times and the wiki in
Firefox is still not loaded (actually it took it over 10 minutes to load
and it even wasn't able to load some of the images at all). Where the
problem might be?

We're looking into this now on #fedora-admin.

Mike Mcgrath has just made a change that appears to fix this. If not,
feel free to either hop on IRC to help diagnose or send another email.

Thanks,
-Toshio

Old 05-28-2008, 08:55 AM
Martin Sourada

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 15:34 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> We're looking into this now on #fedora-admin.
>
> Mike Mcgrath has just made a change that appears to fix this. If not,
> feel free to either hop on IRC to help diagnose or send another email.
>
> Thanks,
> -Toshio

It looks like it's working now :-)

Thanks,