Old 05-27-2008, 03:31 PM
"Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson"

Default Better rawhide report

I've been wondering if it would be possible to
produce better structured rawhide report.

This would require potentially patches to repodiff ( yum-utils )
At least it should be possible to dump the output to a file then
run scripts to recreate it..

Somebody involved in the rawhide report process might be able
provide more info on how the rawhide report is generated.

Any way here's an example how I would like to see rawhide report looking
like
http://pastebin.org/38885 rather then the rawhide report we currently
are receiving .

For example I don't see why we should need an need to have an
specific/extra line for each new package
( "New package $PACKAGE"
Description of package ) in the report
instead of having

New package(s)
----------------------------

Package(a) - Description
Package(b) - Description

And why we cant receive version updates like this..

Updated to new version

Old 05-27-2008, 03:38 PM
seth vidal

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 15:31 +0000, "Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson" wrote:
> I've been wondering if it would be possible to
> produce better structured rawhide report.
>
> This would require potentially patches to repodiff ( yum-utils )
> At least it should be possible to dump the output to a file then
> run scripts to recreate it..
>
> Somebody involved in the rawhide report process might be able
> provide more info on how the rawhide report is generated.
>
> Any way here's an example how I would like to see rawhide report looking
> like
> http://pastebin.org/38885 rather then the rawhide report we currently
> are receiving .
>
> For example I don't see why we should need an need to have an
> specific/extra line for each new package
> ( "New package $PACKAGE"
Description of package ) in the report
> instead of having
>
> New package(s)
> ----------------------------
>
> Package(a) - Description
> Package(b) - Description
>
> And why we cant receive version updates like this..
>
> Updated to new version
>
> Package(a) - Version
> Package(b) - Version

The format of the output of repodiff was determined by how rawhide
reports were before. Nothing else. If you wanted to be really impressive
modify repodiff so it can take an optional genshi template for its
output.

-sv