Old 05-27-2008, 01:40 AM
Brad Longo

Default LiveUSB Trouble

I am trying to create a live USB stick, but I am having some issues.
First I will say how I made it and then maybe someone can tell me what I
may have done wrong or if there is a bug.

I tried to use Revisor, but it just doesn't show up for this reason:
(revisor:4312): Gdk-WARNING **: DESKTOP_STARTUP_ID contains invalid
UTF-8
I downloaded it from the repos btw.

So instead I downloaded the livecd-tools and went from there. I ran the
following:
$ su
$ livecd-creator
--config=/usr/share/livecd-tools/livecd-fedora-desktop.ks
--fslabel=Fedora 9 LiveCD

$parted /dev/sdb
(parted) toggle 1 boot
(parted) quit
$livecd-iso-to-disk Fedora-9-LiveCD.iso /dev/sdb1

I ran all of this successfully without any errors.

$ qemu -hda /dev/sdb1 -std-vga

When I try to run qemu I get:
qemu: could not open disk image /dev/sdb1

Does anyone have any idea as to why it does not boot the image?

--
Brad Longo
Aerospace Engineering and Applied Mathematics