Old 05-27-2008, 01:31 AM
James Morris

Default Are you using the ATI FireGL driver on F9 ?

Thanks to kerneloops.org, I've noticed that people using the proprietary
ATI "firegl" driver with (especially) 2.6.25.3-18.fc9.i686 are getting a
kernel BUG when the driver calls into the capability code.

http://www.kerneloops.org/oops.php?number=13598

I'm curious to know what the driver is doing with capabilities, and would
appreciate it if someone using the driver could send me the output of the
following as a non-root user via gnome-terminal or xterm:

$ id && cat /proc/self/status |grep ^Cap

Thanks.

--
James Morris
<jmorris@namei.org>