Old 05-24-2008, 02:08 AM
"孙宗君"

Default The problems upgraded to fedora 9

To be frankly, Fedora 9 is great distribution, but there is nothing
perfect in the world with no exception of Fedora

sipx project can be compiled successfully on Fedora 8, my another
program is compiled successfully on fedora 8 also

But after I upgraded my pc to fedora 9, all the things changed.

My program failed to compile on fedora 9 with the complaints of some
functions like memset, strcpy not found.

Sipx projects has the same problem, which can find strncpy, strcmp,
and so on. The worst is that it always report the following errors

[all-recursive] errors or [check-recursive] errors

I was confused by these strange errors.

Does fedora 9 change its include path and contents.of tools chains?

Can anyone give me some hints?

Thanks very much for your kindly help

zongjun

Old 05-24-2008, 02:13 AM
"Colin Walters"

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 10:08 PM, *宗君 <szj087@gmail.com> wrote:
> To be frankly, Fedora 9 is great distribution, but there is nothing
> perfect in the world with no exception of Fedora
>
> sipx project can be compiled successfully on Fedora 8, my another
> program is compiled successfully on fedora 8 also
>
> But after I upgraded my pc to fedora 9, all the things changed.

http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.3/porting_to.html

(scroll to "Header dependency cleanup")

Old 05-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Erik van Pienbroek

Op zaterdag 24-05-2008 om 10:08 uur [tijdzone +0800], schreef *宗君:
> My program failed to compile on fedora 9 with the complaints of some
> functions like memset, strcpy not found.

Hi,

This is probably caused by gcc 4.3, which is more strict than previous
versions of gcc. Most of the time these errors are caused by missing
#include's. The functions memset and strcpy are both declared in
string.h, so you need to check if the .c file which fails to compile has
an #include <string.h> in it and add it if necessary.

To find out which function is declared in which .h file, you can consult
the man-pages (for example: man strncpy)

Regards,

Erik van Pienbroek

Old 05-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Christopher Aillon

My program failed to compile on fedora 9 with the complaints of some
functions like memset, strcpy not found.

Hi,

This is probably caused by gcc 4.3, which is more strict than previous
versions of gcc. Most of the time these errors are caused by missing
#include's. The functions memset and strcpy are both declared in
string.h, so you need to check if the .c file which fails to compile has
an #include <string.h> in it and add it if necessary.

But if you are using C++, then #include <cstring>

Old 05-24-2008, 06:03 PM
"Pavel Shevchuk"

Don't forget to send patch upstream to make it work out of box next time

http://scwlab.com