Old 05-24-2008, 12:42 AM
Lennart Poettering

Default Tempelhof (was Werewolf -> Sulphur -> ? Sulphur is a , is a )

On Sat, 24.05.08 01:27, Bastien Nocera (bnocera@redhat.com) wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 06:57 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > Let the naming begin! We're starting very early this time around in
> > the name game for F10. So, let the suggestions flow!
> >
> > Remember the rules:
> >
> > 1) <NewName> must have some link to Sulphur
> >
> > More specifically, the link should be
> > Sulphur is a <blank> and
> > <NewName> is a <blank>
> > Where <blank> is the same for both
> >
> > 2) The link between <NewName> and Sulphur cannot be the same as between
> > Werewolf and Sulphur. That link was "things that react badly with
> > silver".
>
> The answer is:
> Tempelhof

If we take this "world domination" thing seriously we definitely
should name a Fedora release after a Nazi airport. I am all for it,
would be a great signal to the world!

</sarcasm>

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering Red Hat, Inc.
lennart [at] poettering [dot] net ICQ# 11060553

Old 05-24-2008, 01:12 AM
Bastien Nocera

On Sat, 2008-05-24 at 02:42 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Sat, 24.05.08 01:27, Bastien Nocera (bnocera@redhat.com) wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 06:57 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > > Let the naming begin! We're starting very early this time around in
> > > the name game for F10. So, let the suggestions flow!
> > >
> > > Remember the rules:
> > >
> > > 1) <NewName> must have some link to Sulphur
> > >
> > > More specifically, the link should be
> > > Sulphur is a <blank> and
> > > <NewName> is a <blank>
> > > Where <blank> is the same for both
> > >
> > > 2) The link between <NewName> and Sulphur cannot be the same as between
> > > Werewolf and Sulphur. That link was "things that react badly with
> > > silver".
> >
> > The answer is:
> > Tempelhof
>
> If we take this "world domination" thing seriously we definitely
> should name a Fedora release after a Nazi airport. I am all for it,
> would be a great signal to the world!

At the same time, it's just an airport that happened to have been built
under the Nazi regime. I didn't see people worrying that much watching
Herbie. But then against Walt Disney was alleged anti-semite...