Old 05-23-2008, 07:43 PM

Default WPA2 support ase-ccm/tkip

Does WPA2/WPA support aes-ccm/tkip in fedora currently? I do not see it as
an option in network manager. If not is being worked on?

John Mizell
Systems Administrator
TCH
4185 Harrison Blvd. Suite 202
Ogden, Utah 84403
801-624-4604

Old 05-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Dan Williams

On Fri, 2008-05-23 at 13:43 -0600, John.Mizell@tch.com wrote:
> Does WPA2/WPA support aes-ccm/tkip in fedora currently? I do not see it as
> an option in network manager. If not is being worked on?

It's supported, just choose WPA/WPA2. NM/wpa_supplicant will choose the
right option for your wireless network based on the capabilities that
the AP advertises in its beacon frames.

One corner case where this might _not_ work is older drivers that do not
have the ability to probe-scan specific SSIDs (airo, atmel, orinoco are
a few), and therefore need the supplicant's ap_scan=2 option, which
requires the user to configure the connection for _exactly_ the settings
the AP supports. If that's you, I'd like to hear what driver and
wireless hardware you're using.

Dan