Old 05-23-2008, 08:33 AM
Harald Hoyer

Default Neon Sign

Yaakov Nemoy wrote:

2008/5/22 Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com>:

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 17:16 +0000, Joel wrote:

Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy <at> nobugconsulting.ro> writes:

Jesse Keating wrote:

And that feels way too generic, like "fred" is a word in the dictionary,
"alphanumeric" is a word in the dictionary. It's not trying hard enough

I'd argument that the link Fedora 10 < --> 10th element in the periodic
table is worth it. That's why I liked it so much.

Furthermore, 10 is how you write 16 in hex...

And neon is also used often in signs that say "OPEN." :-)

A flickering NEON overlay on top of a SteamPunk-ish blueprint for
Fedora? There's something almost incongruous here that it's almost
sexy.

-Yaakov

Hmm, I liked the idea and inkscaped s.th. together

Somebody can make an animated png out of it ... blinking

http://harald.fedorapeople.org/Fedora-always-open.png
http://harald.fedorapeople.org/Fedora-always-open.svg

Old 05-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Harald Hoyer

http://harald.fedorapeople.org/always-open/

Old 05-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Harald Hoyer

http://harald.fedorapeople.org/always-open/Fedora-animated.gif

Old 05-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Chuck Anderson

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 08:00:23PM +0200, Harald Hoyer wrote:
> Harald Hoyer wrote:
>> Harald Hoyer wrote:
>>> Hmm, I liked the idea and inkscaped s.th. together
>>>
>>> Somebody can make an animated png out of it ... blinking
>>>
>>> http://harald.fedorapeople.org/Fedora-always-open.png
>>> http://harald.fedorapeople.org/Fedora-always-open.svg
>>>

>> http://harald.fedorapeople.org/always-open/
>>

> http://harald.fedorapeople.org/always-open/Fedora-animated.gif

+1 Neon

Excellent!

Old 05-23-2008, 06:31 PM
David Mansfield

On Fri, 2008-05-23 at 20:00 +0200, Harald Hoyer wrote:
> Harald Hoyer wrote:
> > Harald Hoyer wrote:
> >> Hmm, I liked the idea and inkscaped s.th. together
> >>
> >> Somebody can make an animated png out of it ... blinking
> >>
> >> http://harald.fedorapeople.org/Fedora-always-open.png
> >> http://harald.fedorapeople.org/Fedora-always-open.svg
> >>

> > http://harald.fedorapeople.org/always-open/
> >

> http://harald.fedorapeople.org/always-open/Fedora-animated.gif

Now you're talkin! Looks great!

I'm convinced.

David

Old 05-23-2008, 06:37 PM
Harald Hoyer

David Mansfield wrote:

Hmm, I liked the idea and inkscaped s.th. together

Somebody can make an animated png out of it ... blinking

http://harald.fedorapeople.org/Fedora-always-open.png
http://harald.fedorapeople.org/Fedora-always-open.svg

http://harald.fedorapeople.org/always-open/

http://harald.fedorapeople.org/always-open/Fedora-animated.gif

Now you're talkin! Looks great!

I'm convinced.

David

I am sure somebody else can do better. I am no artist, only software developer

Old 05-23-2008, 07:01 PM
"Jeff Spaleta"

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 10:00 AM, Harald Hoyer <harald@redhat.com> wrote:
> http://harald.fedorapeople.org/always-open/Fedora-animated.gif

Holy bat guano batman!

How do we add an audio track to that so we can hear the eletrical flickering.

That's so very very good.

-jef

Old 05-23-2008, 07:08 PM
"Yaakov Nemoy"

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 2:00 PM, Harald Hoyer <harald@redhat.com> wrote:
> Harald Hoyer wrote:
>>
>> Harald Hoyer wrote:
>>>
>>> Hmm, I liked the idea and inkscaped s.th. together
>>>
>>> Somebody can make an animated png out of it ... blinking
>>>
>>> http://harald.fedorapeople.org/Fedora-always-open.png
>>> http://harald.fedorapeople.org/Fedora-always-open.svg
>>>

>> http://harald.fedorapeople.org/always-open/
>>

> http://harald.fedorapeople.org/always-open/Fedora-animated.gif

Makes me want to go out at 2 am for a cup of coffee and chocolate pie
at the local diner for some late night Fedora Hacking.

-Yaakov

Old 05-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Harald Hoyer

Jeff Spaleta wrote:

How do we add an audio track to that so we can hear the eletrical flickering.

That's so very very good.

-jef

Here is the source... feel free to do it

http://harald.fedorapeople.org/always-open/Fedora-animated.xcf

Old 05-23-2008, 07:35 PM
"Jeff Spaleta"

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 11:13 AM, Harald Hoyer <harald@redhat.com> wrote:
> Here is the source... feel free to do it

There's a reason i started the sentence with 'How do we...' instead
of 'We should...' It was my attempt to indicate that your achievements
have surpassed me, and that I a filled only with un-knowledge in the
areas of animated imagery. I guess i need to convert the animated gif
into a theora video and add an audio track. I guess that's the best
way to accomplish it.

-jef