Old 05-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Mark McLoughlin

Default Important information regarding 'rel-eng@fedoraproject.org' emails

> In an effort to be even more open, responsive, and reliable, Fedora
> Release Engineering has created an email to Trac gateway. Email
> requests for release engineering tasks sent to rel-eng@fedoraproject.org
> will now be turned into tickets filed in the rel-eng Trac space.

e.g. here:

https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/report/1

> This
> will allow for better visibility in the tasks needing to be done, a more
> public record of task discussions, and better record keeping to prevent
> things from falling through the email cracks.
>
> Any person that mails this address should receive an automated response
> from the Trac system regarding their ticket with a URL that they can
> visit to track the ticket progress, make updates, etc...

This is pretty cool, I think. During the F-9 freeze I would have found
it handy to see other people's freeze break requests and rel-eng

Also, in:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Meetings/2008-may-19

You said:

"at the time we enable email -> trac, I want to create a real releng
mailing list, since we can now do hosted mailing lists

move discussion to the public list, and get rid of the alias which
is difficult to maintain and archive"

That'd be great too - I found it hard during the freeze to keep track of
what rel-eng plans were with e.g. when the RC was to be composed.

Generally, it's very useful for people to be able to keep an eye on
what's going on in rel-eng.

Cheers,
Mark.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:25 PM
Jesse Keating

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 14:14 +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Also, in:
>

> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Meetings/2008-may-19
>
> You said:
>
> "at the time we enable email -> trac, I want to create a real
> releng
> mailing list, since we can now do hosted mailing lists
>
> move discussion to the public list, and get rid of the alias which
> is difficult to maintain and archive"
>
> That'd be great too - I found it hard during the freeze to keep track
> of
> what rel-eng plans were with e.g. when the RC was to be composed.
>
> Generally, it's very useful for people to be able to keep an eye on
> what's going on in rel-eng.

The list has been created, 'rel-eng@lists.fedoraproject.org' however I'm
still fighting a bit with some email loops I created when trying to get
said list to be the default assignee of tickets and
rel-eng@fedoraproject.org being the email gateway so I haven't
advertised the list as "open for business" yet.

Mostly I hope our conversations happen on fedora-devel-list as that's
the most appropriate place for items that concern the maintainers. The
list is just a handy place to dump ticket messages, cron outputs, and
other such things.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!