Old 05-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Jonathan Dieter

Default Werewolf -> Sulphur -> ? Sulphur is a , is a

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 06:57 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> Let the naming begin! We're starting very early this time around in
> the name game for F10. So, let the suggestions flow!

Might as well get the obvious out of the way:

Sulphur -> Gold
Sulphur -> Titanium
Sulphur -> Platinum
Sulphur -> Berklium (okay, maybe not so much)

Where they are all chemical elements.

Jonathan

Old 05-22-2008, 12:41 PM
"David Nielsen"

2008/5/22 Josh Boyer <jwboyer@gmail.com>:

Let the naming begin! *We're starting very early this time around in

the name game for F10. *So, let the suggestions flow!

Remember the rules:

1) <NewName> must have some link to Sulphur

More specifically, the link should be

* * * *Sulphur is a <blank> and

* * * *<NewName> is a <blank>

Where <blank> is the same for both

2) The link between <NewName> and Sulphur cannot be the same as between

Werewolf and Sulphur. *That link was "things that react badly with

silver".

I will be collecting suggestions for 1 week, so the cutoff for names is:

May 29, 2008

Suggestions will be run through the legal queue and an election will

happen for Fedora contributors to pick the next Fedora name.

josh

I know this deosn't follow the direct form but Coliadinae. The name for a subfamily of butterflies also know as the sulfer butterflys. I imagine we could have beautiful themes to go allow with that.

*

Old 05-22-2008, 12:47 PM
"Yaakov Nemoy"

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 7:57 AM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer@gmail.com> wrote:
> Let the naming begin! We're starting very early this time around in
> the name game for F10. So, let the suggestions flow!
>
> Remember the rules:
>
> 1) <NewName> must have some link to Sulphur
>
> More specifically, the link should be
> Sulphur is a <blank> and
> <NewName> is a <blank>
> Where <blank> is the same for both
>
> 2) The link between <NewName> and Sulphur cannot be the same as between
> Werewolf and Sulphur. That link was "things that react badly with
> silver".

Sulphur is yellow and so are Sunflowers.

The sunflower is generally a symbol used for any green political party
or green economic plan. Perhaps we can include a daily tips piece to
go along with any Infrastructure site that dispenses energy saving
tips that can be used around the world. The potential for education
here is really good.

Just a thought.

-Yaakov

Old 05-22-2008, 12:51 PM
"Pavel Shevchuk"

Sulphur is an essential element for life (c) Wikipedia
Love is an essential element for life.

Fedora 10: Love!

http://scwlab.com

Old 05-22-2008, 12:58 PM

2008/5/22 Yaakov Nemoy <loupgaroublond@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 7:57 AM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Let the naming begin! We're starting very early this time around in
>> the name game for F10. So, let the suggestions flow!
>>
>> Remember the rules:
>>
>> 1) <NewName> must have some link to Sulphur
>>
>> More specifically, the link should be
>> Sulphur is a <blank> and
>> <NewName> is a <blank>
>> Where <blank> is the same for both
>>
>> 2) The link between <NewName> and Sulphur cannot be the same as between
>> Werewolf and Sulphur. That link was "things that react badly with
>> silver".
>
> Sulphur is yellow and so are Sunflowers.

Sulphur is yellow and so are Jararacas
http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grafika:%C5%BBararaka_z%C5%82ota.JPG

Regards,
Michal

Old 05-22-2008, 01:14 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 06:57 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> Let the naming begin! We're starting very early this time around in
> the name game for F10. So, let the suggestions flow!
>
> Remember the rules:
>
> 1) <NewName> must have some link to Sulphur
>
> More specifically, the link should be
> Sulphur is a <blank> and
> <NewName> is a <blank>
> Where <blank> is the same for both

"Neon," which also happens to be the element 10 in the periodic table.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Tomas Mraz

Gelatine

Sulphur is used in wine making (in form of sulphur dioxide).
Gelatine is used in wine making.

--
Tomas Mraz
Turkish proverb

Old 05-22-2008, 01:52 PM
"Konstantin Ryabitsev"

Sulphur is an ingredient used to make chemicals.
Element X is an ingredient used to make Powerpuff Girls.

Thus, we should have Fedora X 10.

Cheers,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev
Montréal, Québec

Old 05-22-2008, 01:55 PM
seth vidal

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 13:14 +0000, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 06:57 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > Let the naming begin! We're starting very early this time around in
> > the name game for F10. So, let the suggestions flow!
> >
> > Remember the rules:
> >
> > 1) <NewName> must have some link to Sulphur
> >
> > More specifically, the link should be
> > Sulphur is a <blank> and
> > <NewName> is a <blank>
> > Where <blank> is the same for both
>
> "Neon," which also happens to be the element 10 in the periodic table.

I like the way you think.

-sv

Old 05-22-2008, 02:01 PM
seth vidal

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 06:57 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> Let the naming begin! We're starting very early this time around in
> the name game for F10. So, let the suggestions flow!
>
> Remember the rules:
>
> 1) <NewName> must have some link to Sulphur
>
> More specifically, the link should be
> Sulphur is a <blank> and
> <NewName> is a <blank>
> Where <blank> is the same for both
>
> 2) The link between <NewName> and Sulphur cannot be the same as between
> Werewolf and Sulphur. That link was "things that react badly with
> silver".

3) Must have a good way of getting us to "Ours goes to" as the name of
the release for F11. Or something else spinal-tap-related.

-sv