Old 05-22-2008, 08:24 AM
Thorsten Leemhuis

Default vanilla-kernel (was: Plan for tomorrows (20080522) FESCO meeting)

On 21.05.2008 21:33, Josh Boyer wrote:

On Wed, 21 May 2008 16:20:39 -0300
Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@redhat.com> wrote:

On May 21, 2008, Brian Pepple <bpepple@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

Inclusion in Fedora (future and recent past releases) of the
kernel-libre package, a 100% Free Software variant of the kernel
Linux, that I've been maintaining tracking Fedora kernel builds at
http://www.fsfla.org/~lxoliva/fsfla/linux-libre/

We've had this discussion. We aren't going to allow a forked kernel
package. Please work with the kernel team to integrate this into the
main kernel package.

Slightly related to this and maybe relevant for the -libre discussion:

Dave, what's the status of the "precompiled vanilla kernel rpms" for
Fedora? There was the idea to put them in the unusual Fedora repos
(which I'd prefer) or in a dedicated repo on your people pages. Was it
forgotten? To many technical hurdles? -ENOTIME? Or do we stick to the
"build one yourself using rpmbuild and the magic flag if you need one"
solution?

Just wondering.

CU
knurd