Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Fedora Development (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/)
-   -   missing libphonon.so? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/93027-missing-libphonon-so.html)

Neal Becker 05-22-2008 01:09 AM

missing libphonon.so?
 
ls -l /usr/lib64/libphonon*

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 30 2008-05-21
19:32 /usr/lib64/libphononexperimental.so.4 ->
libphononexperimental.so.4.0.4
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 37280 2008-05-15
09:54 /usr/lib64/libphononexperimental.so.4.0.4
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 18 2008-05-21 19:32 /usr/lib64/libphonon.so.4 ->
libphonon.so.4.0.4
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 285264 2008-05-15 09:54 /usr/lib64/libphonon.so.4.0.4

There is no link libphonon.so -> libphonon.so.4.0.4

I have kdelibs-devel installed.

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list

Kevin Kofler 05-22-2008 05:58 AM

missing libphonon.so?
 
Neal Becker <ndbecker2 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> There is no link libphonon.so -> libphonon.so.4.0.4

See Rex Dieter's reply: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=447831#c1
It's there, just not where you or whatever software you're packaging is
expecting it. In the case of Phonon, this is easy to fix because there was no
Phonon in KDE 3 which it would conflict with, so we're going to fix this (make
libphonon.so available directly in %{_libdir}) in the near future.

Kevin Kofler

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list

Neal Becker 05-22-2008 11:06 AM

missing libphonon.so?
 
Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Neal Becker <ndbecker2 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> There is no link libphonon.so -> libphonon.so.4.0.4
>
> See Rex Dieter's reply:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=447831#c1 It's there, just not
> where you or whatever software you're packaging is expecting it. In the
> case of Phonon, this is easy to fix because there was no Phonon in KDE 3
> which it would conflict with, so we're going to fix this (make
> libphonon.so available directly in %{_libdir}) in the near future.
>
How are kde4/qt4 apps _supposed_ to find these libs?

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list

Kevin Kofler 05-22-2008 11:18 AM

missing libphonon.so?
 
Neal Becker <ndbecker2 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> How are kde4/qt4 apps _supposed_ to find these libs?

KDE 4 apps normally have:
FindPackage(KDE4 REQUIRED)
in their .cmake scripts. The FindKDE4.cmake snippet shipped with cmake will use
kde4-config to locate FindKDE4Internal.cmake (which ships with kdelibs) and let
that do the real work. Our FindKDE4Internal.cmake is patched with this:
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/rpms/kdelibs/F-9/kdelibs-4.0.4-parallel_devel.patch?rev=1.1&view=markup

The problem is that Phonon is now getting used by apps which are not KDE apps,
because Qt is also shipping a version of it (since 4.4), and those non-KDE apps
are not using FindKDE4Internal.cmake, so the magic doesn't work.

Kevin Kofler

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list

Neal Becker 05-22-2008 11:34 AM

missing libphonon.so?
 
Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Neal Becker <ndbecker2 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> How are kde4/qt4 apps _supposed_ to find these libs?
>
> KDE 4 apps normally have:
> FindPackage(KDE4 REQUIRED)
> in their .cmake scripts. The FindKDE4.cmake snippet shipped with cmake
> will use kde4-config to locate FindKDE4Internal.cmake (which ships with
> kdelibs) and let that do the real work. Our FindKDE4Internal.cmake is
> patched with this:
>
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/rpms/kdelibs/F-9/kdelibs-4.0.4-parallel_devel.patch?rev=1.1&view=markup
>
> The problem is that Phonon is now getting used by apps which are not KDE
> apps, because Qt is also shipping a version of it (since 4.4), and those
> non-KDE apps are not using FindKDE4Internal.cmake, so the magic doesn't
> work.
>
> Kevin Kofler
>

The package I was trying was uniXM, which uses qmake, but also uses phonon.

Maybe we need kde.pc?

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list

Kevin Kofler 05-22-2008 12:15 PM

missing libphonon.so?
 
Neal Becker <ndbecker2 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> The package I was trying was uniXM, which uses qmake, but also uses phonon.
>
> Maybe we need kde.pc?

We just need kdelibs fixed so that libphonon.so is directly in %{_libdir}, it
doesn't need special-casing for parallel-installability with KDE 3 anyway. I or
one of the other KDE maintainers are going to fix this ASAP. How urgently do
you need this fixed? It's easy to fix Rawhide, but for the older Fedora
releases, we have to push a new kdelibs resp. kdelibs4 to fix this.

Kevin Kofler

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list

Neal Becker 05-23-2008 03:11 PM

missing libphonon.so?
 
Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Neal Becker <ndbecker2 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> The package I was trying was uniXM, which uses qmake, but also uses
>> phonon.
>>
>> Maybe we need kde.pc?
>
> We just need kdelibs fixed so that libphonon.so is directly in %{_libdir},
> it doesn't need special-casing for parallel-installability with KDE 3
> anyway. I or one of the other KDE maintainers are going to fix this ASAP.
> How urgently do you need this fixed? It's easy to fix Rawhide, but for the
> older Fedora releases, we have to push a new kdelibs resp. kdelibs4 to fix
> this.
>
> Kevin Kofler
>

Not urgent, but is libphonon the only 1 (i.e., only lib currently packaged
with kdelibs that likely would be needed by 3rd parties not using kde's
cmake framework)?

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list

Kevin Kofler 05-23-2008 03:31 PM

missing libphonon.so?
 
Neal Becker <ndbecker2 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> Not urgent, but is libphonon the only 1 (i.e., only lib currently packaged
> with kdelibs that likely would be needed by 3rd parties not using kde's
> cmake framework)?

Most likely yes. Most of the stuff in there depends on the core KDE libs
(libkdecore, libkdeui). But if the problem shows up with other libs, we can
come up with a solution for those when it does.

And FYI, this is now fixed in Rawhide:
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/rpms/kdelibs/devel/kdelibs.spec?r1=1.319&r2=1.320
and there's a fixed F9 build which hasn't been pushed yet.

Kevin Kofler

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:46 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.