Old 05-21-2008, 04:13 AM
Jonathan Dieter

Default New Xorg

I know this probably isn't the place to do this, but I'm not sure what
the right place is. ajax & Dave, thank you for the work you've done on
the new Xorg. I know there have been lots of complaints, and, as an
nVidia user, I understand them.

However, the stuff you're working on for *all* the other drivers is
pretty incredible and more than makes up for a few weeks without
eye-candy on my primary system. The way it all works on Intel video
cards is great, and I'm particularly impressed with the DRI2 stuff
(though kernel mode-setting is pretty cool too). Please keep it up.

Jonathan

Old 05-21-2008, 04:23 AM
Mike Cronenworth

I know this probably isn't the place to do this, but I'm not sure what
the right place is. ajax & Dave, thank you for the work you've done on
the new Xorg. I know there have been lots of complaints, and, as an
nVidia user, I understand them.

However, the stuff you're working on for *all* the other drivers is
pretty incredible and more than makes up for a few weeks without
eye-candy on my primary system. The way it all works on Intel video
cards is great, and I'm particularly impressed with the DRI2 stuff
(though kernel mode-setting is pretty cool too). Please keep it up.

Jonathan

+1

I have a nVidia card and I'm not butt hurt. The update will come soon
enough. Then we'll forget this mess ever went down - until the next Xorg
release comes around.

Old 05-21-2008, 04:24 AM
"Nathanael D. Noblet"

Jonathan Dieter wrote:

I know this probably isn't the place to do this, but I'm not sure what
the right place is. ajax & Dave, thank you for the work you've done on
the new Xorg. I know there have been lots of complaints, and, as an
nVidia user, I understand them.

Me too. I'd not use it if I could have spanning desktops in the OSS
version of the driver.

However, the stuff you're working on for *all* the other drivers is
pretty incredible and more than makes up for a few weeks without
eye-candy on my primary system. The way it all works on Intel video
cards is great, and I'm particularly impressed with the DRI2 stuff
(though kernel mode-setting is pretty cool too). Please keep it up.

Ditto. And I can't wait till nvidia gets it and releases an OSS driver
that can keep up and let us do what we want with our own hardware.

--
Nathanael D. Noblet