Old 05-21-2008, 12:08 AM
"Jon Stanley"

Default Small RFEs for Fedora Accounts System

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 6:51 PM, Jonathan Underwood
<jonathan.underwood@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just had the client side certificate expire. On a CVS operation I
> recieved the error message:
>
> ERROR: Your Fedora client-side certificate expired.
> You need to download a new client-side certificate
> from https://admin.fedora.redhat.com/accounts/
>

> RFE#1: Please fix the URL, which should be
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts

That's probably someplace in CVS-land, not in FAS-land

> On logging in I helpfully see:
>
> Todo queue:
> Download a client-side certificate i
>
> Clicking on the "i" I see:
>
> "The client side cert is generally used to grant access to upload
> packages to Fedora or for other authentication purposes like with
> koji. If you are not a package maintainer there is no need to worry
> about the client side cert"
>
> RFE#2: It would be really helpful to add to the end of that info "This
> certificate should be saved to ~/.fedora.cert"

I would guess that this isn't an unreasonable request, but does it not
default to saving as that? Been awhile since I got one.

> RFE#3: Please could we add a FAS component to bugzilla? Or is there
> some other component I should be filing these against?

FAS is not a package in Fedora, so there is no component. You can
report bugs/problems at http://fedorahosted.org/fas however. I
believe, but I'm not sure, that this is on the FAS pages as well.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:11 AM
Toshio Kuratomi

Jonathan Underwood wrote:

Hi,

I just had the client side certificate expire. On a CVS operation I
recieved the error message:

ERROR: Your Fedora client-side certificate expired.
You need to download a new client-side certificate
from https://admin.fedora.redhat.com/accounts/

RFE#1: Please fix the URL, which should be
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts

This is a cvs common change. Fixed. People will have to update their
common directories in order to see the change. For most packagers this
means:

$ cd /my/packagingarea/PACKAGENAME
$ cvs up
cvs update: Updating F-9
cvs update: Updating common
P common/Makefile.common
P common/branches
cvs update: Updating devel

On logging in I helpfully see:

Todo queue:
Download a client-side certificate i

Clicking on the "i" I see:

"The client side cert is generally used to grant access to upload
packages to Fedora or for other authentication purposes like with
koji. If you are not a package maintainer there is no need to worry
about the client side cert"

RFE#2: It would be really helpful to add to the end of that info "This
certificate should be saved to ~/.fedora.cert"

Added. This will go live when we push the next fas update.

RFE#3: Please could we add a FAS component to bugzilla? Or is there
some other component I should be filing these against?

Log into:
https://fedorahosted.org/fas
Click on New Ticket.

-Toshio

Old 05-21-2008, 08:22 AM
"Jonathan Underwood"

Thanks Toshio & Jon - I'll report such stuff on the project page in future.