Old 05-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Rex Dieter

Default kdepim/libmapi

Jesse Barnes wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 20, 2008 10:18 am Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> We have upgraded kdepim to a snapshot of kdepim 4.1 in Rawhide.
>
> Do the new packages include libmapi support for akonadi?

no, libmapi isn't in fedora (yet), when it is, the support for it in kdepim
will be enabled.

We'll package libmapi for review eventually, but would love it if someone
beats us to it.

-- Rex

Old 05-20-2008, 06:50 PM
Jesse Barnes

On Tuesday, May 20, 2008 11:29 am Rex Dieter wrote:
> Jesse Barnes wrote:
> > On Tuesday, May 20, 2008 10:18 am Kevin Kofler wrote:
> >> We have upgraded kdepim to a snapshot of kdepim 4.1 in Rawhide.
> >
> > Do the new packages include libmapi support for akonadi?
>
> no, libmapi isn't in fedora (yet), when it is, the support for it in kdepim
> will be enabled.
>
> We'll package libmapi for review eventually, but would love it if someone
> beats us to it.

I tried building it recently; it depends on experimental samba bits. So
whoever packages it may have to include a snapshot of the required samba
headers & code...

Jesse

Old 05-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Rex Dieter

Jesse Barnes wrote:

We have upgraded kdepim to a snapshot of kdepim 4.1 in Rawhide.

Do the new packages include libmapi support for akonadi?

no, libmapi isn't in fedora (yet), when it is, the support for it in kdepim
will be enabled.

We'll package libmapi for review eventually, but would love it if someone
beats us to it.

I tried building it recently; it depends on experimental samba bits. So
whoever packages it may have to include a snapshot of the required samba
headers & code...

Ouchie, just noticed that myself. Looks like this will have to wait awhile.

-- Rex

Old 05-21-2008, 01:54 AM
Andrew Bartlett

On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 11:50 -0700, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 20, 2008 11:29 am Rex Dieter wrote:
> > Jesse Barnes wrote:
> > >
> > > Do the new packages include libmapi support for akonadi?
> >
> > no, libmapi isn't in fedora (yet), when it is, the support for it in kdepim
> > will be enabled.
> >
> > We'll package libmapi for review eventually, but would love it if someone
> > beats us to it.
>
> I tried building it recently; it depends on experimental samba bits. So
> whoever packages it may have to include a snapshot of the required samba
> headers & code...

I'm very happy to work with anyone wishing to package Samba4.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett
http://samba.org/~abartlet/