-   -   USB devices not being recognised (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/91873-usb-devices-not-being-recognised.html)

Paul 05-20-2008 04:49 PM

USB devices not being recognised

Hi,

I have a Tevion USB IP phone which used to work under F9 rawhide without
a problem.

If I now plug it in while the system is powering up, the kernel
complains (causes a loop condition). If I plug it in after I hit the
desktop nothing happens - no LEDs light up or the sound system see it.

I've inserted the modules (yealink, snd-usb-lib) that should be there,
but nothing.

It also makes no difference going through a hub or directly to the PC.
It's not found.

Any ideas?

TTFN

Paul

Pete Zaitcev 05-26-2008 07:01 PM

On Tue, 20 May 2008 17:49:32 +0100, Paul <paul@all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote:

> I have a Tevion USB IP phone which used to work under F9 rawhide without
> a problem.
>
> If I now plug it in while the system is powering up, the kernel
> complains (causes a loop condition).

The "loop condition" does not tell me anything. Please send me your
dmesg, I'll have a look.

> [...] If I plug it in after I hit the
> desktop nothing happens - no LEDs light up or the sound system see it.

This sounds like someone enabled auto-suspend again.

-- Pete