Old 05-19-2008, 07:16 PM
Casey Dahlin

Default hook into rpm install/update/deletion of any package (for etckeeper)

seth vidal wrote:

On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 14:57 -0400, Casey Dahlin wrote:

Jos Vos wrote:

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 02:35:27PM -0400, seth vidal wrote:

May I Introduce you to yum install /path/to/some/file.rpm

s/install/localinstall/, or has this been changed in newer versions?

I think yum has always been able to figure out if you meant localinstall
when you said install. Its a crapshoot though.

a crapshoot?

It's been that way since at least the 2.6 series, I think.

-sv

A crapshoot as in if there happens to be a package named fubar.rpm
you're screwed.

--CJD