-   -   plans to improve dual head support in system-config-display etc? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/91184-plans-improve-dual-head-support-system-config-display-etc.html)

David Mansfield 05-19-2008 06:44 PM

plans to improve dual head support in system-config-display etc?

Just curious about the direction this is going w.r.t xrandr 1.2 type
displays.

I have an ATI and many co-workers have Nvidia with multiple monitors
attached which work great using the new xrandr based configuration. But
sadly s-c-d doesn't really understand this in F9. It only understands
dual head in the old xinerama sense.

Also, xorg.conf seems pretty poor for a users individual prefs. as to
what resolutions to use, as it's system-global not per-user.

Can someone point me towards any prior discussion on how this is
'supposed' to work in F10/future?

Thanks,
David

Rahul Sundaram 05-19-2008 07:14 PM

David Mansfield wrote:

Just curious about the direction this is going w.r.t xrandr 1.2 type
displays.

I have an ATI and many co-workers have Nvidia with multiple monitors
attached which work great using the new xrandr based configuration. But
sadly s-c-d doesn't really understand this in F9. It only understands
dual head in the old xinerama sense.

Also, xorg.conf seems pretty poor for a users individual prefs. as to
what resolutions to use, as it's system-global not per-user.

Can someone point me towards any prior discussion on how this is
'supposed' to work in F10/future?

I am not sure you have seen the work done in Fedora 9 on this

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/RandrSupport

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/ReleaseSummary has a screenshot
and some details too.

Rahul