Old 05-19-2008, 04:50 PM

Default GDM setup

It seem that there is not an setup gui for GDM now in fedora 9. I also
checked to see the documentation at
http://live.gnome.org/GDM/2.22/Configuration but it it not clear on how to
enable remote x11 apps to display locally.
Is there a work around and will this be added in a gui setup later on?

John Mizell
Systems Administrator
TCH
4185 Harrison Blvd. Suite 202
Ogden, Utah 84403
801-624-4604

Old 05-19-2008, 05:00 PM
Matthias Clasen

On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 10:50 -0600, John.Mizell@tch.com wrote:
> It seem that there is not an setup gui for GDM now in fedora 9. I also
> checked to see the documentation at
> http://live.gnome.org/GDM/2.22/Configuration but it it not clear on how to
> enable remote x11 apps to display locally.
> Is there a work around and will this be added in a gui setup later on?

Just having remote X11 apps display locally does not really involve gdm
and should work fine in F9. If you are talking about xdmcp, them yes,
that does not currently work. The basic support for it is there, but it
is not quite complete, afaik.

Old 05-19-2008, 05:02 PM
Bob Arendt

John.Mizell@tch.com wrote:

It seem that there is not an setup gui for GDM now in fedora 9. I also
checked to see the documentation at
http://live.gnome.org/GDM/2.22/Configuration but it it not clear on how to
enable remote x11 apps to display locally.
Is there a work around and will this be added in a gui setup later on?

John Mizell
Systems Administrator
TCH
4185 Harrison Blvd. Suite 202
Ogden, Utah 84403
801-624-4604

I'm at a loss as well - I've been using this crude hack:

mv /usr/bin/Xorg /usr/bin/Xorg.bin
cat > /usr/bin/Xorg <<EOF
#!/bin/sh
newargs="`echo "$@" | sed 's/-nolisten tcp//'`"
exec /usr/bin/Xorg.bin -ignoreABI $newargs
EOF
chmod 4755 /usr/bin/Xorg

Basically a short shell-script to whack the command line as passed to Xorg.
I also needed the -ignoreABI for the proprietary nvidia 173.08 driver.
nv and nouveau don't seem to handle non-Xinerama dual-head.

Cheers,
-Bob Arendt