Old 05-18-2008, 10:33 AM
"Ahmed Kamal"

Default F9 Xen dom0 hangs at: Relinquishing VGA console

So, it totally does not boot, and hangs everytime with the message in the subject. Is there any tricks to boot that kernel ? Is there any testing/development kernel out there I can use to boot Xen dom0 on F9 ?

Old 05-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Pasi Kärkkäinen

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 01:33:41PM +0300, Ahmed Kamal wrote:
> So, it totally does not boot, and hangs everytime with the message in the
> subject. Is there any tricks to boot that kernel ? Is there any
> testing/development kernel out there I can use to boot Xen dom0 on F9 ?

kernel-xen in F9 does not support dom0 features, so it won't work.

Check fedora-xen list archives for status/progress of the dom0 work.. I don't
think there are any binary packages with dom0 patches yet.

This feature-page should have up-to-date information about dom0 support:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/XenPvopsDom0

See also: https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-xen/2008-May/msg00006.html

-- Pasi